- Just because someone puts a deal on the table doesn't mean you have to do the deal
- Just because the deal on the table is interesting doesn't mean you have to do the deal
- Just because everyone says, it's a good deal doesn't mean you have to do the deal
- Just because the numbers seems to make sense doesn't mean you have to do the deal
- Just because you have seriously considered it and even did some ground work for it doesn't mean you have to do the deal
- Just because you started negotiating doesn't mean you have to do the deal
Think well, in a rational calm manner (without getting in to deal frenzy that you gotta do this deal) Think, is this what you want to do it, if yes, what is the terms that you would want to do. Stick to your guns.
Remember you can always walk out. There will be several others!
For all you know, this post may not be about professional deal making at all! Let's take out the word deal and alter the situation with a gal, you might end up with a Valentine day post!
At the end of the day, even happy, good to have problems are also just problems!
May be sometimes you have to just do it when you have the opportunity and chance to do it.
cause, sometimes it may be too late. If you are wondering why such change of heart in less than 12 hours, read this insane story
If the above link talks about the good luck here it is the bad luck story