Friday, September 09, 2011

Amazing Airtel

Yeah, it was me the word AMAZING in front of Airtel. I am neither stoned nor my account has been hacked.

Last week sometime, just like that my broadband stopped working. Even the Phone went dead. I was not sure how to call the customer. Some good soul suggested call 121.

Calling 121 from your mobile takes you to the mobile complaint center but not to the broadband center.

Surprisingly when called 121, rather than giving me the above sermon, he just gave me 044 44444198 to call and press 1 2 3 to reach the customer care directly.

Again the customer care guy was so prompt, gave me the ticket number and the resolution time. He was even frank enough to say, the executive will come only by ten and not earlier.

The very next day even before i ran out of patience the service executive called me, asked me for the landmark and came in no time.

Fixed it quick, tested and went back. As luck would have it, as soon as he was gone, the broadband alone stopped working.

When i called the exchange directly, rather than the customer care, they were kind enough to accomadate me and fixed it back quick,again. Very well, he could have asked me to raise or reopen a ticket or could have given me lame excuses.

It was amazing customer service, I would say.

May be the Airtel had gotten its act together still there is something that deserves our attention.

It is not the CEO, it is not the grandiose vision and values that lies in the decorated plaques in offices. It is not the million dollar marketing campaign. It is the guy at the bottom of the pyramid, who interacts with the customer directly day in day out makes all the difference to brand, adds value, leads to the customer satisfaction, sustains the very survival of the company.

N.B
Earlier Airtel goof ups can be seen here, here and here.

3 comments:

Ramesh said...

Well, miracles do happen !

Service is all about the person who touches the consumer, as you very rightly put it.

Ravi said...

Miracles happen..

FYI.. more miracle.. I havent experianced any issues with my Airtel conn for past 3 years..

Appu said...

@Ramesh You are always being so kind to me :)
@Ravi Me too never had any problems for the last two years. Their infra is real good